Over 200 million people caught Covid-19. The WHO pointed out that more than four million people have died because of this disease. Their website also reported the number of vaccines given.
The pandemic taught us to value our health. It is a priceless commodity that we often neglect. If we take our physical well-being for granted, our mental health fares worse. But it is not yet to make that change. You can still enjoy a healthier life.
The change is going to be an uphill battle. But it is worth it. You will not only feel your strength coming back. But you will also feel happier, so if you are ready, come and join us!
The government published a report saying that sitting is as lethal as smoking. Living a sedentary life does not only cause stiff neck and shoulders. But it also increases your risk of diabetes. It makes your body insulin resistant. Thus, blood sugar levels go up.
We are supposed to stand upright. All our bodies run more efficiently if we are upright. This concept is the reason why being bedridden brings more health issues.
Sitting all day will lead to atrophied legs. Weaker legs will cause more injuries. We will also gain weight by living a sedentary life. It is because our body cannot digest properly. Again, this leads to the principle that we are supposed to stand upright.
We should lead active lives. But with the delta and lambda variants running amok, it would be wiser to exercise at home. This situation makes yoga a good option for all of us. It allows us to move our muscles in the comfort of our houses.
Some people are afraid to try yoga because it includes acrobatic-like positions. But you do not start with those poses. You can try beginner-friendly yoga positions. Here are some of them:
- Mountain Pose – This position is easy because you are technically just standing. This pose helps you become aware of your breathing.
- Tree Pose – After taking several breaths, you can move on to this pose. It helps your posture and balance. But you might skip this if you suffer from low blood pressure.
- Child’s Pose – Many yogis use this position to rest. It eases back pain. But you must not attempt to try this if you have problems with your knees.
- Downward-facing Dog – This position strengthens your arms and back. It also relieves back pain. But skip this pose if you are in your 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Yoga does not only strengthen your body. But it can calm you down. When we focus on the present moment before moving to another position relieves our stress.
A balanced diet is needed to give your body the nutrients that it needs. But eating healthy is quite challenging with the current culture. We often argue that we do not have the time to cook from scratch. Ordering from the nearest fast-food chain is so much easier and cheaper.
Understanding the challenge of switching to a healthier lifestyle, we recommend changing your beverage. Skip the sodas and alcohol. How about taking more water, fruit juice, and tea?
The universal solvent does not only keep us hydrated throughout the day. But it flushes out bacteria from our bladder. It also helps our digestive tract. Here are other benefits of drinking water:
- It carries nutrients and oxygen to our cells.
- It normalizes blood pressure.
- It stabilizes our heartbeat.
- It regulates body temperature.
If you have a sweet tooth, you can skip your trip to the patisserie and drink fruit juices. For example, a 240mL can of Del Monte pineapple juice provides 4g of dietary fiber. It can also boost your immune system. What’s not to love about such benefits?
You might want to switch your calorie-laden Frappuccino with tea. Harvard released a study enumerating the benefits of drinking tea. Although it has a lesser amount of caffeine, it will still give your brain the stimulation that it needs.
Sleep is as essential as exercise and a balanced diet. It is during this time that our bodies and our minds get to rest. Sleep deprivation leads to several problems, such as weight gain and a higher risk of stroke. Not being able to sleep well also causes concentration problems.
A lot of people have a hard time sleeping. If you are one of them, here are a few techniques to get the required hours of sleep:
- Establish a sleeping and waking up routine.
- Avoid using gadgets while in bed.
- Avoid nicotine and caffeine after 3 pm.
- Create a sleep-conducive bedroom.
Our deepest hope is for you to enjoy the best of what life offers. You can only do this if you have a healthy body and mind.