It is no secret that regular exercise can have positive effects not only on your health but also on your appearance. Working out can make you look strong, fit, and younger than your actual age.
Ever noticed your face glow and blush after hitting the gym or taking a short walk? That’s the result of increased blood flow nourishing your skin. Sure, people exercise to improve their cardiovascular health, resistance against disease, and mental outlook, but the skin benefits are just another good reason to stay active.
You can even go as far as adding facial exercises to your routine if you want to avoid dermatological conditions such as acne and psoriasis. A reputable dermatologist would even recommend facial exercises to slow down your skin’s natural aging.
But facial yoga, in particular, focuses on toning the skin, boosting collagen production, and loosening up strained muscles and facial expressions. This type of exercise can also rejuvenate your face, addressing issues such as furrowed brows and sunken cheeks. To make sure you’re working out the different layers of your skin correctly, check out these top facial yoga exercises:
Yoga for the eyes
Get rid of puffy eyes, crows feet, and eye bags with these simple exercises.
- Place your middle fingers at the inner corners of your eyebrows and your index fingers at the outer corners, forming double V’s. Then apply light pressure on the area to encourage blood circulation.
- Look up to the ceiling, then make a strong squint for ten seconds, then relax. Repeat the process six times. This can be a great alternative to Botox.
Yoga for the cheeks
This smile smoothing exercise helps keep your cheeks supple and springy, reducing your filler and facelift appointments.
- Hide your teeth with your lips to form an old sheet to form an O shape.
- Form a wide smile while keeping your teeth hidden. Repeat the process six times.
- Holding the smile, slowly open and close your jaws while lightly tilting your head up and down. Relax, then repeat three times.
Yoga for the chin and neck
Reduce wrinkling on your chin and sucking sagging on your neck by following these steps.
- Place your fingers at the bottom of your neck, then tilt your head back. Massage the neck area in vertical motions up to six times.
- Bring your head back down, then relax.
- Look back up again but this time, place your fingertips on the collarbone. Maintain disposition, then shut your lower lip out as far as possible with your chin pointed upwards, hold for four deep breaths, then relax.
Yoga for the brow area
This exercise is good for lifting drooping or hollow eyebrows and keeping your brows looking sleek.
- Place a middle finger vertically under each eye starting from the nose area.
- Form a tight O shape with your mouth, hiding the teeth.
- Holding the O shape and middle fingers, flutter your upper eyelids and try to gaze at the ceiling. Hold this position for ten seconds, then repeat four times.
Yoga for the forehead
Keep your youthful look and reduce the lines on your forehead with this exercise.
- Place both hands on your forehead with your fingertips stretched out between the hairline and brow area.
- Applying light pressure, massage the forehead horizontally outwards. Sweep your fingers across your forehead. This will help tighten the skin.
- Relax, then repeat this process ten times.
Yoga for the lips
Try this natural lip plumping exercise that also helps erase lines around the mouth.
- Tip your head back slightly.
- Pucker your lips gently, then push them forward.
- Hold this pose for ten seconds and then repeat four times.
Yoga for toning the cheeks
Do this if you want slimmer, sculpted cheeks.
- Keep your mouth closed and fill your cheeks up with air, like a blowfish. Hold this position for a minute, if possible, then slowly release the air. Repeat this process six times.
- Form an O shape with your mouth, then put your fingers on each of your cheekbones. While holding your O position, gently lift and lower your cheeks 10 times.
- Open your mouth wide and drop your jaw. Then, stick out your tongue, stretching it far down toward your chin. Finally, breathe through your mouth and roar like a lion.
These simple face exercises take only a few minutes, but they can do wonders for your skin. To boost their effectiveness, you should pair them with natural and paraben-free skincare products and a diet rich in antioxidants. This way, you can maintain a youthful appearance with glowing skin.